Friday, July 5, 2013

Speed devopmemt with Octostream

I've been aggressively developing Octostream lately. Thus far, my time spent doing algorithm development before actually coding has paid off. Code has been minimized and things are running automatically. Thousands of ideas are popping into my head but I have a clear goal for a MVP. Everyone I talk to have even more ideas on how to monetize it.

I can truly say, octo has been more fun then work. It makes me even more excited if I think of the possibilities it could have on next generation of user interfaces. Part of me does not want to release it to the public but keep the tech all for myself. I sometimes wonder if I did this and slowly added on more bells and whistles and finally release a sweet product to the public, would it just explode or flop? This boils down to two risks:

1. The risk of taking a long time and losing interest in the project or one of my other products taking off.
2. The risk of releasing to early and not having a well polished MVP.

Thus far, I have polished off the graphing portion. I nailed down the paging, home button, back button and the algorithm to automate the process of graphing a node with tons of children. Also if you click a node, if the webpage is present, it will present it full page.
I also hooked up Photowhim as I have my JSON web service ready to roll. All I have to do is hook up Reddit and I'm all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment