Friday, June 17, 2011

Bayesian Network For Dummies

Personally, I am a huge fan of the "For Dummies" books. In fact, their is a shelf dedicated just to those books in my house. Suppose this is the result when you drop in a Army Grunt into a technical field. So after exhausting all of googles links on Bayesian Networks, ALAS! I have mastered it! I found a GUI tutorial system called Javabayes. Amazing application if your a hands on learner like myself. Thus far I have created a Net for linguistics to sort out Named Entity Recognition. What it does is, it take the words found within context, gives them a probability distribution, and resolves which entity has the highest statistical evidence of resolving Words Sense Disambiguation. This is just proof of concept thus far. I am sure more problems will arise. If I could master this field, this would give my association a competiative edge on Web 3.0. This makes me excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment