Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fantasy-bitcoin-bitcoin-trading/id788315104?ls=1&mt=8
I've been doing a lot of research on Bitcoin lately. I got the fever. So much I took steps in getting my foot in the door by writing a day trading app that simulates buying and selling Bitcoins using real world Bitcoin values.
So I spent about 2 weeks writing the app. At night when I put my kids to bed, and on the weekend when their watching "Super Why." I would say it took about a week of full time development. Heres how it went down:- Like always, I start off with a sketch of what it looks like, and how it will flow. I also research existing apps and make sure I don't make mistakes they made and compensate for their short comings.
- I put together a wire frame and flow of the application.
- I put together labels and action listeners to the buttons so now when I click around, labels get updated with fake values. I also put in a donate page so users can donate to my Bitcoin Wallet.
- I create a data-store (SQLite) that holds the users total Bitcoins and cash.
- I create a utility class that calls a web-service that parses out the last 24 hour Bitcoin values.
- I connect the database and web-service to the wire frame and wallah! A full fledged day trading app.
- Now I needed to update the UI. Figured I would use flat UI so make custom retina display button in Photoshop and change colors in the App here and there.
- Need a graph now. Do my research and seems core-plot is the winner. I execute a "hello world" with core plot. Crap! Turns out with the new iOS 64 Bit architecture, you have to build core-plot statically. After hacking I finally get it to work on 64 bit.
- I strip down an example to use my web-service utility class. It graphs the data. Almost done.
- Everything is set now. I do my testing, update the UI to look great, play with it for a week to uncover more bugs and upload it to the App store.
Not sure if this app will be a big splash like some of my others. I found the more simple my app is, the more downloads it gets in the App Store. I found the keyword Bitcoin returns a low number of apps and since its gaining so much traction, I figured I would jump on the gold rush. Now about my real day trading with Bitcoin, I'm saving that for another blog!
UPDATE: Got a metadata rejection from app store due to the app title but got approved a couple days later. Just changed it to: Fantasy Bitcion - a bitcoin trading simulator.
Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fantasy-bitcoin-bitcoin-trading/id788315104?ls=1&mt=8
No comments:
Post a Comment