Monday, July 29, 2013

Ups and Downs

Startups should be called Start-Downs. The debt, rejection, criticism, and uncertainty into the unknown can be daunting. If I had to wager my money, I would guess the harsh times out weigh the good.
On the rewarding side of things, when taking the plunge, you are special. You fall under a genre of people and have the potential to do something amazing. This shock and awe can lead to an overwhelming amount of motivation that keeps you up at night. You will think of it night and day. You will invest all your time and energy into it. It's your baby. It's your second job and third job. 
I like think of Startups and an equilibrium in which case, if the Startup fails, you always take the experience away with you. Thomas Edison said “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.“

In a previous blog, I listed my failed Startups. In a recent turn of events, those failed Startups helped create the Campsher flagship, Photowhim. Tons of code was pulled from failed apps into Photowhim. I also released all those apps to advertise for the flagship. This is just my example of epic failures turned into my hopefully soon success story. All the sacrifices I have made to get to this point have been exhausting. But I know for a fact:

I never did a day's work in my life. It was all fun”
-Thomas Edison



No comments:

Post a Comment